Wednesday, April 25, 2007

florida

Why do people flock to Florida? I now know I wouldn't mind visiting my parents if they're on the Keys for a couple months - especially if those months include April. The hotel is luxurious enough - spa, poolside steakhouse, "zen" bar - but what's keeping me up typing is the nature walk. Empirically, It's nothing spectacular: it stinks of fresh blacktop and is very short. Still, I love it. There's something peaceful about wandering outside when I wake up in the morning and before I go to bed at night. There something soothing about meandering between a golf-course and well landscaped buildings accessorized with geckos, palms, and toads. There's something in the humidity that energizes and relaxes me at the same time.
Anyway, it's intensely profound in my head (and it's not just the frizz in my hair). Oh, and check out my
youtube site for some video from the beach today...

No comments: