Saturday, July 19, 2008

the black tie affair

Today I experienced a slightly different side to NW 23rd Street of Oklahoma City. The street is one of the major arteries between the state capitol and the suburb of middle-class Bethany. Along those five miles are 1 or 2 locations of every major fast food chain, a cluster of Vietnamese culture, several tattoo & piercing shops, and the subject of this blog.

Chris & I picked up Caleb and headed north to waste the Saturday afternoon on the thrift store scene. We managed to root through all shades of green blazers and flower skirts and find some inexpensive gems. Inside a pile of a tie rack I found a skinny black tie. Instead of handing it over to Caleb, I kept it to myself. The subtle red sheen of stripes in the fabric will accent a pencil skirt extraordinarily well.
Now to find the pencil skirt ... I think there's a thrift store a little north on May?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous that you can rock the pencil skirt. Doesn't work on my short self:)