Sunday, March 25, 2007

day of rest

I'm posting tonight because I feel like I need to. All day I've been dancing around my frustration with my (self-perceived) inability to heal, by focusing on tasks.
In between tea, making jewelry and watching TV, I've addressed a reporting challenge by learning how to write Crystal Reports. Didn't help. I'm crying in the dark now, does anybody know a solution for an hour-specific GANTT chart without getting a programmer involved? Visio has a timeline stencil, but if I'm going to have to create the start & end for each item (did I mention there are 500+ of them?), I'd do it in Illustrator so it would look fabulous when I was done with it.
My brother thinks I need to try "resting," but what he describes requires more effort than anything I've actually done this weekend. Instead I'm sticking to blogging: my self-diagnosed therapy. It requires analysis to put thoughts together and publish them for the world to see. It forces me to understand every thought I commit to pixels - and to not, as mom says, "fly off the handle."

No comments: