Friday, February 16, 2007

mystified by Grey's Anatomy

I gained interest in Grey's Anatomy last summer when I caught a couple re-runs. I watched the season premier with curiosity and, toward the end, tears.
Then I discribed the plot of the premier to somebody. Think about it. Obscure plagues, love triangles and quadrandles, and one adorable vet who the laws of television just wouldn't reward. Sound resonable to you? Emotional trips do not good entertainment make, especially as I was loosing any connection to these character's lives that I gained over the summer.
But I was just channel surfing and there was Meredith whining in bed because she didn't "feel" like going to work. Her roommates/friends/co-workers were attempting to talk some sense into her (good luck with that) but she was having none of it.
And then she said: "...I can't remember the last time we kissed. 'Cause you never think the last time is the last time, you think there'll be more."
Now I feel what little Noah looks like when he gets miserable about something: Big brown eyes well up, he hurries to his mom, taps his chest (the sign for "please") says, "hurt...hurt."

No comments: