Sunday, July 29, 2007

day at the races

I'm so glad I've found a good masseuse - I'm going to need her (or a dose of Advil) to deal with the aftermath of living life to the fullest. Friday was the long-awaited IS department extended lunch break at Pole Position Raceway. I felt like I was immersed in the video games I used to watch my brother play - including the wipeouts. I managed to finish the trial run and the qualifier relatively unscathed...just a no bumping sign waved at me after I "maneuvered" out of a jam. Unfortunately that left me with preparation for what happened around the second turn of the actual race. I couldn't get my kart to go in reverse fast enough to correct myself and catch up. I finished a DISMAL last place. The only consolation was running the entire race virtually alone...and my best lap time was actually better than the guy who came in second. Roger (the one from golf, not motorcycles) - ended up winning.

No comments: